Thursday, September 8, 2011

After some time off...

It's true - I took a large chunk of the summer off from TS and blogging.  At the end of June, I cut my hours WAY back at my job, so spent the rest of the summer enjoying the new free time with the kids and friends.  I actually went to Las Vegas for the first time with three of the most AMAZING women best friends a girl could have.  We had a fantastic time.  It was also my first plane flight, but that wasn't bad at all.

Anyway, this morning I just created a recipe I'm going to call "Kolette's Fancy Restaurant French Toast".  For the first time, spur of the moment recipe, it was fantastic!  I hope you agree...

You'll need:
3 large eggs
About 1/8 cup of milk 
           (like most cooks, I don't really measure this stuff when I'm making it... Use your judgement!)
About 1 tsp TS Warm Up Mulling Spice
About 1/2 tsp vanilla
10 slices of French bread
TS Creamy Caramel Sauce
Optional: butter, powdered sugar

In a small flat bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, Mulling Spice, and vanilla.  Coat each side of bread and cook in a skillet on medium high heat.  You know, like you do with French toast!  Once all slices are cooked, put two or three slices on your plate, and the plates of whomever you are sharing with.  I topped mine with a small amount of real butter first, then drizzled Creamy Caramel Sauce over them, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.  It really did look like the French toast I recently had at a wonderful restaurant here in Lincoln.  All it was lacking was the strawberries!  And the taste is GREAT!

That's my recipe.  Enjoy!
After I finish this blog, I'm going to head over to the recipe section of tastefullysimple.com and submit my recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment